At GatherDC, we help 20s and 30s find their people, their place, and their path in Jewish DC.
GatherDC is the only and largest Jewish non-profit dedicated solely to helping Jewish 20s & 30s in the DC area connect to each other, engage in DC Jewish life, and develop meaningful adult Jewish identities.
At GatherDC, we are committed to strengthening the fabric of Jewish life by stewarding relationships, and helping Jews in their 20s and 30s connect to Jewish organizations and to one another. We serve as the go-to resource for young adults seeking connection to the DC Jewish community through our website, calendar, blog, weekly newsletter, monthly happy hours, regular learning opportunities, alternative high holiday experiences, and hundreds of one-on-one coffee dates with members of our community. We are the preeminent organization helping young Jewish adults find their place in Jewish DC, while supporting, rather than competing with, the diverse Jewish organizations programming for young adults in DC.
GatherDC infuses a relationship-based model of engagement into every aspect of our work. With a "people-first" mindset, a sophisticated relationship engagement management system, and a group of dedicated volunteers who serve as peer-engagers on behalf of GatherDC, we are building one of the most dynamic and inclusive cities for Millennial Jewish life. GatherDC's relationship-based work ensures that Jewish opportunities and Jewish social networks will be accessible to an increasing number of young Jews, year-after-year.
- In 2014, GatherDC was named by Slingshot as one of the most innovative Jewish DC nonprofit organizations.
- In 2015, GatherDC hired a Community Rabbi to inspire meaningful connections among diverse Jewish young adults.
- In 2015, GatherDC launched the Open Doors Fellowship to train young adults to be peer-to-peer engagers across DC's Jewish community. Today, there are 33 fellows who engage with hundreds across the community to help them find their people in Jewish life.
- In 2016, GatherDC started Beyond the Tent - a groundbreaking weekend retreat that brings together young adults to explore their unique Jewish identity, and discover how to make Judaism a part of their adult life.
- In 2016, GatherDC was established as an independent 501c3 nonprofit organization.
No grants received yet
Our Jewish Giving Circle Incubator will help you bring your giving circle to life. Whether you're 23 or 73, interested in social justice or Jewish innovation, and ready to give $50 or $10,000, we want you to join the Incubator. Apply today!
Applications are open until July 31st.Apply Now